CSBE’s Sisterhood is a member group of Women of Reform Judaism, the women’s affiliate of URJ. Established in 1913, WRJ now represents more than 75,000 women in over 500 women’s groups in North America and around the world.
Sisterhood is an important part of our congregation – a small, but strong, group of women. Sisterhood adds to the life at the synagogue – member involvement and dues help Sisterhood continue to provide opportunities to support and be involved in the Jewish community. Sisterhood Board meetings are open. If you have an idea, don’t wait…attend a Board meeting or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Sisterhood supports or organizes the following programs:
- “Meet and Greet” on the first day of Religious school with all Arms and Committee Heads
- Rosh Hashanah Congregation Card
- Bima Flowers and Donation to support Onegs
- Donation to Religious school and volunteers for various holiday projects and weekly snacks of juice and challah
- Torah for Tots
- Gifts for Bar/Bat Mitzvah students, confirmants and graduates
- Support of the Shabbat Seders
- L’taken Scholarships
- Purim baskets
- Participation in the Multi-congregational Women’s Seder
- Donation of flowers for planting in front of Synagogue
- Sisterhood Shabbat Service
- Sisterhood Book Club
- Mitzvah Day (with Social Action Committee) and other Congregational Arms
- Donation to make necessary improvements to our building
Please support Sisterhood and our synagogue by purchasing kippot, tallitot, hostess gifts, Passover items, mezuzot, and many other gift items at the Sisterhood Judaica shop, located in the lower rotunda. Click here to learn more about the Judaica Shop.
Pocketbooks For Hope
Going On Now Through June 2017
The hope and intention of this project is to provide a pocketbook for each woman leaving Bethany House. Bethany House is a nonprofit agency that was founded in 1978. They provide emergecyshelter, services and professional support services for women and their children who are caught in the crisis of homelessness. Bethany House helps empower women so that this crisis can be ended. Inside each pocketbook, there are various products which we HOPEwill help the women make a an easier transition to life on their own.
Maggie Muser and Bess Amione, Co-Chairpersons of Sisterhood of the Pocketbooks for Hope Project would like to send out a BIG THANK YOU to all who contributed so generously to this project. There is now a substantial inventory of pocketbooks and many wonderful toiletry items so that we can continue to supply the pocketbook gift packages to the women of Bethany House. For the time being we are going to discontinue collecting contributions. We will use our current inventory and may request items again in the future. Thank you again!